The Camp Assistant will report to the Operations Manager for all daily duties. The Camp Assistant will be expected to meet the needs of the crew, including assisting the Camp Cook with meal preparations and cleanup, as well as janitorial, housekeeping and laundry services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Camp Assistant will work as the Camp Cook’s helper, assisting in food preparation and service, and cleanup as assigned by the Camp Cook.
- The Camp Assistant will maintain the general tidiness and cleanliness of the Camp accommodation dorms, kitchen, common spaces, offices and grounds. This includes janitorial, housekeeping and laundry services as required.
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in facility areas, washrooms, laundry rooms and mess halls in accordance with Yukon Territorial regulations.
- Assist the Camp Cook in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and sundries.
- The Camp Assistant will be responsible for Project Safety Protocols.
- Minimum age of 19 years (Yukon age of majority).
- Food Safe Certificate (or obtain).
- WHIMIS (or obtain).
- Some experience as a cook’s helper.
- Some experience with cleaning, janitorial, housekeeping and laundry.
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies (50 lbs).
- Ability to work a 14-day rotation while living in a remotely located camp.
- Class 5 Drivers’ license.
- Strong organizational skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to take direction from the supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
Approximate start date: August 1, 2022
CONTACT ADMIN@KLUANECORP.CA for detailed job description and to APPLY!