Contract Employment Opportunity
Wage Level: Per Diem $250 per day
Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is seeking a qualified, suitable and motivated candidate to fill a Camp Cook position.
Please submit your application to the Store Manager at Kluaneenergycafe@outlook.com or by dropping it off at the Kluane Community Development Corporation Office at 11 Sedata Street, Burwash Landing, Yukon. In your application please include:
- your Resume
- and a brief Expression of Interest.
General Working Conditions:
- The Camp Cook will work irregular hours to provide healthy and diverse Meals, including Breakfast, Dinner and
- Take‐Away / Field Lunches to a group of 6‐10 people.
- The Camp Cook must be present at Camp at all times and will be provided with a room in premises
- The Camp Cook will be engaged under a per diem employment contract
- The maximum duration of the employment contract is 6 weeks
- The Camp Cook will strictly adhere to Covid‐free Safe Practices and Policies. The Camp Cook will abide by all safe
- cooking and food preservation practices and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: The Camp Cook is responsible for:
- Meal planning maximizing food use and minimizing waste.
- Food preparation and serving.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic work area including sanitization of utensils, tools and machinery.
- Cleaning and sanitization of kitchen, dining area and corridors. Kitchen laundry.
- Dispose of kitchen waste separating recyclables, cardboard and general waste.
- Manage and track waste and food cost
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Cooking credentials and proven experience
- Camp Cook experience preferred
- Food Safe Certificate
- Menu / Meal Planning
- Food Inventory Management and Storage
- Kitchen Sanitization Procedures
- Familiar with Food Services Legislation, Regulations and Best Practices.
- Safety Training / Experience
- Highly Organized with strong Planning Skills
- Good Communications and Relationship‐building skills
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies
- Driver’s License is an asset
Thank you to all that submit a resume or expression of interest in the Camp Cook position, and please be advised that only those considered as having the necessary skills and experience will be contacted.
Kluane First Nation Preferential Contract Policy applies for KFN Citizens who meet the required qualifications.