IMMEDIATE FILL, FULL-TIME
Temporary Contract Employment Opportunity
STORE CLERK / SERVICE ATTENDANT – SEASONAL POSITION
Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is seeking a hard-working, suitable and motivated candidate to fill a Store Clerk/Service Attendant for a seasonal/summer position (June to September). Please submit your application to the Store Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping it off at the Kluane Community Development Corporation Office at Dana Street, Burwash Landing, Yukon. In your application please include: (i) your Resume and a brief (ii) Expression of Interest.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Store Manager, the Convenience Store Clerks/Service Attendants contribute to the overall success of several “KELP” service-based businesses by performing a wide range of support duties. The candidate needs to be flexible, adaptable, keen on acquiring new skills and strengthening their resume in customer service, time management and multitasking. These positions work closely together in a coordinated fashion, as assigned, performing important functions to ensure the delivery of quality community services. The range of duties include:
- Grocery/Hardware Store: Welcome customers, assist with enquiries, process sales, operate checkout register and debit-credit machine, process daily sales/cash reports and reconciliations, stock shelves, monitor inventory levels and maintain the cleanliness of the store, equipment and stocks.
- Café/Restaurant Services: Prepare meals, provide bills, process payments, identify ongoing inventory needs and maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen/restaurant, appliances and equipment.
- Card-Lock Gas-Bar: Maintain general tidiness and cleanliness by; emptying the trash bins, replenishing paper towels and sanitizing the card-lock pads and gas-pumps.
Convenience Store Clerks/Service Attendants work various shifts due to the extended hours of operation provided by these community-based businesses and will be required to work during weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience in customer service or hospitality considered an asset.
- The following certifications considered an asset:
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Tobacco and Alcohol Sales Training Certifications.
- Standard First Aid.
- Basic Safety Training.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Pay and Benefits:
- $15.70 – $20.00 per hour, commensurate with education, skills, experience, and job performance.
- Accommodation and meals at our bunkhouse can be provided and included as a benefit.
- Training will be provided in certification of required qualifications given willingness to learn.
Thank you to all that submit a resume or expression of interest in the Camp Cook position, and please be advised that only those considered as having the necessary skills and experience will be contacted.
Kluane First Nation Preferential Contract Policy applies for KFN Citizens who meet the required qualifications.