SEASONAL, FULL TIME
Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is a corporation with an independent mandate to manage certain business interests of the Kluane First Nation. The corporation is seeking qualified, suitable and motivated candidates to fill the following positions on a priority basis for the coming summer season June to September.
SUMBIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Operations Manager, or as otherwise delegated, the Camp Cook oversees the day-to-day operations of the Camp kitchen, and completes required administrative duties, health and safety records, monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of groceries and supplies, and is primarily engaged in meal planning, menu selection and food preparation for the work crews residing at the Camp.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Camp Cook organizes meals for resident work crews including menu selection, food preparation, meal service, clean up, as well as and kitchen organization, maintenance, and sanitization. The Camp Cook maximizes food use, minimizes waste, and abides by all safe cooking and food preservation practices and regulations.
- The Camp Cook oversees administrative and logistical duties related to client intake and departure, room assignments, maintenance of the daily guest register to keep track of clients/occupants and maintains accurate meal records.
- The Camp Cook supervises the Camp Assistants, who are tasked with providing support services to the Camp, including: food preparation, service, clean up and sanitization of the kitchen, housekeeping, janitorial and laundry services.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Cooking credentials considered an asset.
- Camp Cook experience preferred.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Menu/meal planning.
- Bulk grocery ordering.
- Food inventory management and storage.
- Kitchen sanitization procedures.
- Familiar with Food Services legislation, regulations and best practices.
- Safety Training/experience.
- Ability to supervise, train and provide direction.
- Highly organized with strong planning skills.
- Good communications and relationship-building skills.
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies.
- Driver’s License is an asset.
- Customer service/hospitality skills.
- Kitchen organization skills.
- Meal/menu planning.
- Inventory management of groceries, supplies and equipment.
- Cooking/meal preparation for groups of people.
- Kitchen/equipment cleaning and sanitization.
- Basic computer skills.
- Client accommodation organization.
- Cleaning/housekeeping/janitorial skills.
Personal Suitability Requirements:
- Respectful/positive attitude/customer-oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Punctual, reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work well with others (team player).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to manage stress during busy periods.
Conditions of Employment:
- RCMP Criminal Records Check.
- Physically fit, ability to stand for extended periods and lift items weighing 50 lbs.
- The Camp Cook will work 12 hrs/daily to provide clients with healthy and diverse meals, including breakfast, dinner and bagged lunch.
- Must adhere to COVID policies.
- Must adhere to the Camp Rules.
- Confidentiality must be respected at all times.
Pay and Benefits:
- Statutory benefits, in accordance with the Yukon Employment Standards Act.
- Applicable employee benefits in the Corporation’s Employment Policy Manual.
- Camp Accommodation, without charge.
- Meals, without charge (B), (L) and (D).
Preferential Hire Statement:
Whenever possible, the first preference for hiring will be afforded to qualified people of Kluane First Nation, and then to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.