Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Camp Cook oversees the day-to-day operations of the camp catering and housekeeping services including planning for resident work-crews, menu selection, food preparation, meal service, cleanup and kitchen sanitization, organization of supplies and logistics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and serve hot breakfast and dinner (1-2 sittings) for a camp of 14-18 people.
• Develop a rotating menu on an approximate three-week rotation.
• Coordinate with guests to accomodate food sensitivities and allergies.
• Provide bag lunch options (pre-made sandwiches or sandwich bar).
• Submit orders for supplies, groceries, sundry to the Operations Manager in timely manner.
• Ensure fresh baked goods and snacks are available at all times.
• Organize camp staff to maximize efficiency (split shifts may be necessary).
• Organize, document and stock camp supplies/groceries from incoming deliveries.
• Comply with all health, safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operations of a 14-18 man camp and commercial kitchen.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and cleanliness in all common areas shared by kitchen staff and work crews.
• Conduct all business in a professional manner as a representative of Kluane Energy and the Kluane First Nations.
• Report directly to the Admin Assistant all safety matters by submitting relevant forms.
• The Camp Cook will strictly adhere to COVID-19 Safe Practices and Policies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid, current drivers license with a clean driving record (ability to be a primary driver on potential rental vehicles).
• Current Cook Trade Certification and/or Canada Food Safe Certificate.
• Valid, current First Aid (Level 3 recommended).
Approximate start date: August 1, 2022
CONTACT ADMIN@KLUANECORP.CA for detailed job description and to APPLY!