Kluane Community Development Limited Partnership (KCDLP) operates and manages a variety of businesses and projects primarily within the traditional territory of Kluane First Nation. KCDLP is an independent business corporation providing services and managing businesses and projects in various sectors; such as, construction, economic development services, energy, community store, tourism, business development, real estate, lands planning and community development.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of important administrative support roles and functions at the KCDLP Office in Burwash Landing, Yukon. The Administrative Assistant liaises closely with the main KCDLP Office located in Whitehorse, Yukon. The main duties of this position are as follows:
1) Office Administration – The Administrative Assistant works regular business hours, other than when administrative support services are required for evening meetings of the Board of Directors. The Administrative Assistant ensures that basic office functions and systems are effectively operating at the Burwash Landing office, including; reception services, mail and correspondence is tracked and processed, office inventory needs are met, records-management / filing systems are maintained, insurances are kept up to date, WCB and OH&S reports are filed, and all financial transaction documents and employee time-sheets are submitted to the Finance Manager at the Whitehorse Office in a timely manner.
2) Fuel Administration Services – Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (KELP) is a subsidiary corporation of KCDLP, and provides home and commercial fuel services and deliveries to the community and region. These include the gas-bar, heating fuel, gasoline and diesel. The Administrative Assistant receives fuel orders, arranges for sales, schedules and dispatches the Fuel Truck Operator, follows established procedures and facilitates and tracks the necessary paperwork for subsequent invoicing by the Finance Manager at the Whitehorse office. The duties also include regular monitoring of fuel inventories and ordering fuels as required.
3) Administrative Support to the Board of Directors – Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors, including; scheduling of meetings, preparing agendas, minutes, tracking action items, assisting with correspondence preparation, arranging travel and submitting honoraria and expense claims. The Board may schedule 1 to 3 evening meeting per month, between 5:30-7:30 pm.
4) Administrative Support to Senior Management – The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the General Manager, Executive Director and Finance Manager as required.
5) Human Resources Administrative Assistance – The Administrative Assistant maintains a Human Resources Management System consisting of form templates to facilitate the recruitment of personnel as required, including; Job Postings, Job Descriptions and Letters of Offer / Employment for all positions within the Corporation. The Administrative Assistance also ensures that all completed forms and any wage changes are submitted to the Finance Manager on a timely basis.
Education / Experience:
- Diploma in Office Administration, or equivalent working experience with a Grade 12 diploma.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an office administrative role.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources is an asset.
- Experience working directly with a Board of Directors is considered an asset.
- Digital fluency (computer skills, internet skills, etc.).
- RCM Police Criminal Records / Background Check.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, skills and experience.
Pay and Benefits:
- $23.00 – $28.00 per hour commensurate with education, skills, experience and job performance.
- Employee Extended Health Plan (following the mandatory 3-month Probation Period).
Preferential Hire Statement:
Whenever possible, the first preference for hiring will be afforded to qualified people of Kluane First Nation, and then to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.
Candidates may submit their Resume and Cover Letter to the Executive Director email@example.com.
Closing Date for this competition is “open until filled”. Thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.