Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is a corporation with an independent mandate to manage certain business interests of the Kluane First Nation. The corporation is seeking qualified, suitable and motivated candidates to fill the following two (2) positions on a priority basis for the coming summer season June to September.
SUMBIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org
General Working Conditions:
- The Camp Assistant will work irregular hours in order to meet the service needs of the Camp Bunkhouse, including assisting the Camp Cook with meal preparations and clean-up, as well as janitorial, housekeeping, and laundry services.
- The Camp Assistant will be provided with a room in the Bunkhouse, on agreeable terms, if other accommodation is not available in the community.
- The Camp Assistant is regarded as a “seasonal position” and will remain in place until the Camp Bunkhouse closes for the season, or when the last work crews depart. This usually in the Fall.
- The Camp Assistant will strictly adhere to COVID-free Safe Practices and Policies.
- All Employees, along with guests are required to follow the Camp Rules.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Camp Assistant will work as the Camp Cook’s helper, and will also maintain the general tidiness and cleanliness of the Camp Bunkhouse and grounds. This includes janitorial, housekeeping and laundry services as required.
- Minimum age of 19 Years (Yukon age of majority).
- Food Safe Certificate (or obtain).
- WHIMIS (or obtain).
- Some experience as a Cook’s helper.
- Some experience with cleaning, janitorial, housekeeping and laundry washing.
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies.
- Approximate Start Date: May 23rd, 2022
- Wage Level: Starting at $180 Per Diem depending on skills and experience.
- Hours of Work: The Camp Assistant(s) will be scheduled by the Supervisor, and these hours will depend on when the Camp Bunkhouse has clients. This could be full-time, part-time or auxiliary on-call work. Work scheduling will vary depending on operational needs.
Closing Date: This is an expedient hire, so the Closing Date for the Camp Assistant is May 1st, 2022 at 4:00 PM or until filled.
Preferential Hire Statement:
Whenever possible, the first preference for hiring will be afforded to qualified people of Kluane First Nation.